Why you need Video for Business Marketing
Apparently “a minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.” That is according to Forrester researcher Dr. James McQuivey, that was back in 2008, almost 10 years later video is now commanding over 69% of all internet traffic.
Where TV was the dominant domain, it is now video content populating websites and social media that is leading the way. When you combine an image to information, the person retains 65% of that information for the next 3 days, people who read the text only retention was a mere 10%.
Google, Yahoo, Bing love video, as an example I have been using Google Adwords and Facebook to promote my production company, I set a budget and I notice that Facebook chewed up my budget real quick, Adwords was slow and steady but I am paying for each click (CPC) to stay on the front page of Google.
Video keeps the person on your site longer creating “stickiness” that is where someone will:
- Visit your website
- Views the content and is compelled to stay longer
- Returns to your site later to take in more content
Your SEO ranking is higher due to video, it is 53 times more likely to be on the first page of Google search engine as the algorithms (Hummingbird) searches for quality content over keyword optimisation.
Examples of Video for Business Marketing
How often do you visit a website and its all glossy and shiny and you click on the “About” menu, you want to know a bit about this company you are going to maybe purchase from, and it is 2000 words long, no images just text, do you do what I do, start to read the first paragraph and blah, blah, blah, i’m out.
Would this not be a better approach!
- Explainer video – as it implies, a video that explains things for you, could be used for FAQ on your website
- Call to Action – Got a product to sell, event happening, this is for you, get your audience excited and wanting to buy or attend an event.
- Web video – A video designed for your webpage, in this example it is simply branding with the intro, then it goes more specific with a product description, NO voice over required, catchy, colourful and keeps you interested, especially if you wanted to know more about that style of stove.
As you can see at the end of the video we have another “Call to Action” this then opens up more ways to attract customers, this could be posted on Facebook, You tube or Vimeo, Google+
Join me next week when we discuss, Corporate and training videos for your Business.
If you would like to discuss video or are after a FREE no obligation quote, leave your details in the comment below or go to our contacts page.
Thanks for your time